- James has made six (6) pies: two each of pumpkin, sweet potato, and pecan.
- I made cranberry sauce, which is now chilling in the fridge.
- Tomorrow, James is planning on waking up at 6 am to make the stuffing, thaw the turkey if necessary (it's been in our fridge since Sunday, but you never know...), and pop the turkey in the oven.
- In addition to the cranberry sauce, I am making sweet potatoes. That, cleaning the house, setting the table, and cleaning up afterwards (no small feat!) are my contributions to Thanksgiving. James does everything else.
- James' mom is here (she lives four hours away) and my parents and brother will come over tomorrow afternoon (they live about half an hour away) for dinner.
- Greg is already asleep, and has been for almost an hour. I think his teeth were bothering him. Hopefully he'll sleep tonight. I have a "My First Thanksgiving" bib for him for tomorrow, as well as pureed sweet potatoes, green beans, and turkey tetrazzini.
I tend to be verbose. A friend once told me that instead of saying things in a nutshell, I say things in a nut tree. So, welcome to my nut tree!
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
'Twas the Night Before Thanksgiving...
...And our kitchen has been busy for most of the afternoon and evening
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment