Greg is better, I think. He slept better last night than he did on Friday night. He's eating again (only liquids, but at least he's not dehydrated) and he occasionally has happy moments, which are relieving to see. I'm still taking him to the doctor in the morning, unless a miracle happens overnight. He still has a fever, a nasty cough, and is incredibly fussy. I want to rule out an ear infection, bronchitis, or croup. With my luck, they'll tell me it's a cold and will go away on its own. However, to me it's worth the co-pay for my peace of mind (or antibiotics, if he needs them).
We skipped church this morning because Greg wasn't feeling well (so one of us had to stay home). I had thought that James would take Susanna, but she has a yucky cough (still not sure if she needs to go to the doctor, or if I should keep her home from school tomorrow) and James was feeling sub-par. So, we all stayed home. I'm sure the women who work in the nursery were weeping over not seeing their favorite baby. However, people in the congregation may have been happy that the loud toddler was missing. Susanna likes to dance and sing during the songs (not really a problem) and offer commentary during quieter moments (including the sermon, which is why she goes to Children's Church midway through the service). I know it bothers me more than other people, and I'm willing to bet that our pastor doesn't even notice it (I used to be able to tune Susanna out while preaching, and since he has children, I'm sure there was a time when his children did this), but I still feel self-conscious.
Susanna, by the way, is showing some rather disturbing tendencies. In addition to offering insightful commentary during sermons, she has been known to pick up and "read": official Annual Conference documents (such as the Minute Questions from the Clergy Session at Annual Conference), a piece called By Water and the Spirit (the official UM teaching on baptism), and just the other week picked up one of our bibles and demanded that James read her the first two chapters of Genesis. If she starts reciting the Great Thanksgiving (a.k.a Eucharistic Prayer), I'll know I'm in trouble.
Gotta go...Greg is making discontented noises. Tomorrow's blog post will reveal the Big Mystery: What is wrong with my baby boy? A bad cold? Ear infection? RSV? Croup? Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment