2. Greg is getting baptized next Sunday. We're very excited. He will be wearing the Heirloom Baptismal Gown that his great-great-grandfather wore in 1869? 1879? Anywho, a long time ago. Susanna wore it when she got baptized...at ten weeks of age. Because of all the craziness of this spring and summer, I didn't feel like having Greg baptized right away. So, Greg will be nine months when he gets baptized (Methodist theology does not associate baptism with regenerating grace, so unbaptized babies still go to heaven). It will take a little maneuvering for the gown to fit him, but we're making it work. It's all about TRADITION, darn it. And not wanting to fork over the $$ for a new baptismal gown.
3. I've begun applying for full-time chaplain positions. I love staying at home (most days), but I need to be ordained by 2015 or begin the whole process over again. I need two more years of full-time ministry before I am eligible for ordination. I don't really feel that going back to the local church is an option right now. Therefore, I am looking for chaplain jobs. I applied for three this week, but the job market is fairly competitive in this field, so I'm not sure what to expect.
4. We got a new stove on Thursday. Our old one was original to the house (1994), and while it worked, the thermostat was funky and so things would sometimes take too long to cook or get burned because they cooked too quickly. The new stove is AWESOME. It is a double gas oven, self-cleaning, and BLACK. I love black appliances.
5. We also got a new, over-the-range, microwave. It is also black, to match the stove, of course. Now all our kitchen appliances are black! Woohoo!!
6. I
7. On that topic, I'm deciding whether to buy a traditional, wool coat that will keep me warm even if the temperature goes down into the teens OR buy something lighter that will keep me warm as long as it's above freezing. Here in Hampton Roads, it's pretty rare that it gets REALLY cold and most of my time is spent indoors or in the car. So, I'm leaning towards the latter, especially because that sort of coat will be cheaper. And I can always keep my old coat in case we do get Arctic temperatures.
There you go! Happy Sunday afternoon!
1 comment:
you make me think about a very expensive (for me) wool coat that I bought 20 years ago (it was $500 then)...but I still have it and wear it. It is a little threadbare at the cuff and the pockets have holes in them, but mostly it still looks fabulous and has remained relatively fashionable all these years. And most wool coats now are not as heavy and thick as this one. anyway. that's where my brain went....but for you, yeah, go for the lighter one - you'll just get too hot in the car otherwise.
I hope you get a full time chaplain's position....it is a tough time to be looking...
Post a Comment