I tend to be verbose. A friend once told me that instead of saying things in a nutshell, I say things in a nut tree. So, welcome to my nut tree!
Saturday, November 13, 2010
Addendum to "My Favorite Shows"
I forgot one! I'm also a huge fan of "Brothers and Sisters", which is entering its fifth season. It stars Sally Field, Calista Flockhart, and until recently, Rob Lowe was part of the cast (he left the show, so they killed him off). One of the things I love about "Brothers & Sisters" is that it's a great show for someone like me, who's a fan of family systems theory. It's about a widow (Nora Walker), her five grown children and their spouses/children, and Nora's brother (who "comes out" in the first few seasons), Saul. From a "systems" perspective, their family is a very healthy one, but they definitely have their moments and quirks. One sign of a health family system is the ability to air emotions, resolve conflicts, and laugh together. The Walkers do all of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I enjoy Brothers and Sisters, too...although sometimes it is a little too soap opera-ish for me...
Post a Comment