Pages

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Susanna's Favorite Shows

Last September, we got a DVR-like system (it's called SageTv and it's somewhat complicated to explain. I would have just gotten DVR through the cable company, but that was too easy for James. However, I love Sage now and am addicted to it. So, there.) and our lives changed drastically because we could now record our favorite shows and watch them anytime.

At first, Susanna just had a few shows that we recorded for her: Sesame Street, Curious George, and Ni Hao, Kai-Lan. After we returned from Disney, we added Mickey Mouse Clubhouse to the mix. Keep in mind that we generally only allow her two hours of "TV time" per day, with exceptions made if either one of us is sick. Over the past few months, as she's started school and has been talking with her friends, her taste in television shows has changed. So, here are the shows that are on our DVR, from most-watched to least-watched:
  • Dinosaur Train (she's nuts about this show. Asks for it multiple times every day.)
  • Sesame Street
  • The Wiggles
  • Dora the Explorer
  • Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
  • Curious George
  • Ni Hao-Kai-lan
  • Blue's Clues
  • Caillou (she actually hardly ever watches this; I've stopped recording it altogether, but we still have a few episodes)
  • Play with Me, Sesame (cute show on PBS/Sprout) 
You will notice that the Purple Dinosaur (begins with B, ends with Y) is not on the list. He will never be on the list, because James and I ABHOR him and refuse to let Susanna watch his show. I can watch 5,000 episodes of "Dinosaur Train", but I will not watch B----Y.

Raising children in the 21st century is very different than when I was growing up. We had a VCR and videotapes, but I think there was less quality childrens' programming and of course there was no DVR. My brother and I never watched that much TV anyway.

Want to hear about my favorite shows? Stay tuned...

No comments: