One of my Face*Book friends posted a link to a story about this website. Check it out for yourself. It may or may not be a hoax, but I find it disturbing regardless.
If this couple and this situation are authentic and not a hoax, then I am simply speechless with rage. I just can't see how anyone could a) abort a healthy (i.e. without a terminal condition) 20-week fetus in the first place, b) especially after viewing said fetus via ultrasound multiple times, and c) ask the Internet to VOTE on whether or not to abort the fetus because they're "not sure they're ready to be parents." I'm in the pro-life camp on a normal day (although I think there are a few exceptions-such as when the mother's life is clearly in danger and delivery is the only option, or when the fetus has a condition that is 100% fatal), but I think most of my pro-choice friends are horrified by this story, too.
If this is indeed a hoax/pro-life publicity stunt, I find it tasteless. There are other ways to make your point besides leading people to believe that they are voting for or against an abortion. Assuming that at least the pregnancy is valid, I hate to think what this poor child will think if/when he or she finds out about it via Google or some other search engine. This entire situation smacks of exploitation and disregard for others.
Just in case this is "the real deal", please go to the website and vote for the giving birth option. And if you would lean towards the abortion option, then I hope you get "lost" on the way there.
No comments:
Post a Comment