Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Rest in Peace


Woody Elijah Money
December 15, 1999 to February 9, 2008

Woody died last night, at the Animal Emergency & Trauma Center in Greensboro, NC. James and I were with him, holding him when he died. We're not really sure what killed him; he had seemed to be recovering well from him kidney infection, and was even playing with Simon and running around yesterday. Around 4:00 p.m. we saw him begin to breathe very heavily and realized he had a fast heartbeat. We decided to drive him down to Greensboro, since our vet was closed. When we arrived, Woody was able to walk on his own, so we thought he might be OK. Twenty minutes after we arrived, the vet told us that she thought he was dying. His breathing was worse, and he was full of fluid. We insisted on going back to be with him, and he died about five minutes later. We got to spend some time alone with him after he died and they pulled all the tubes, etc out of him. We're having a funeral tomorrow afternoon, and will have him cremated. We're not sure what we'll do with the ashes yet. We just didn't want to leave him behind in Danville.

There's a lot of numbness and sadness. It doesn't seem real...please pray for us.

6 comments:

Alyssa said...

Oh Patti- I'm so sorry to hear this. I know it was so unexpected. We'll be thiinking of you.

Shelly_and_Macaulay said...

Patti, when James told me last night I was so shocked--my nephew, Woody!!! I can imagine what you are feeling when I think about what it would be like to lose Mac. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

My Claire de Lune, I am so sorry to hear about Woody. I know that it's a shock and I hate that you are missing one of your babies. I'm thinking about you. Love you guys.

Stephanie said...

We are all so sorry to hear about Woody! Our prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear the news about Woody. I called Andrew as soon as I saw the blog posting. We were both shocked - I don't know what we'd do if we lost Blackie... We're praying for you!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this. I was with you when you first met Woody and knew right then he was a very special dog.