Today is Ash Wednesday, the official beginning of Lent. Normally, I would have just come home from leading my church's Ash Wednesday service. However, I cancelled my church's Ash Wednesday service because I am sick.
It all began with a sore throat on Sunday night. I figured I might be coming down with a cold, so I sucked on a zinc lozenge before I went to bed. Sure enough, I felt fairly stuffy and "icky" on Monday morning. I continued to suck on zinc lozenges throughout the day and drink plenty of fluids. I felt well enough to continue my normal activities. Then came Monday night...
I developed a cough which kept waking me up. Around midnight, I woke up and felt feverish. I checked my temp; it was 99-something. Around 3am, I woke up again, checked my temp, and it was 100-something. By the time I woke up, I was feeling worse and was still feverish. So, I went to the doctor...and they said I have an "upper respiratory infection", which is basically a bad cold. I've never heard of having that high a fever with a cold, but OK. They sent me home with instructions to take it easy and drink lots of fluids.
Since I was feeling uber-crappy, I followed directions. Based on my history, if I don't take care of myself, a cold will develop into either a sinus infection or bronchitis. I've slept as much as possible, in between eating, taking Susanna to and from daycare, caring for Susanna, and caring for Woody (who has a kidney infection--more on that later). The end result; the fever has broken and I'm not feeling nearly as "gunky" as I was 24 hours ago. I'm hoping that a good night's sleep will enable me to be fully functioning tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment