The main point of this post is to move Woody's slideshow down, because it makes me sad when I bring up the blog and see it. We're doing better in that area; last week was pretty tough at times, but Simon and Susanna have helped distract us. I'm glad that we have Simon, so that we still have one dog left. And now that we have a human child, caring for her and loving her takes enough time and energy that I don't think about Woody as much as I would have two years ago.
Our human child and canine child are essentially growing up together. It's sort of fun to watch. Simon enjoys giving Susanna "kisses" anytime she's accesible to him. He's become much calmer and obedient in the past month or so. It's been a while since anything has been "Simonized" (i.e., chewed beyond usage) , he sits at the door before going out and coming in, and I might even begin letting him have the run of the house when I leave for short periods during the day. I think we'll wind up getting another dog sometime this summer or fall, because James wants another one and Simon wants/needs a playmate. We are NOT getting another puppy; we'll go to a shelter and rescue a dog that's already grown.
Susanna is changing every day, it seems. She turns her head very well, sits with support, has discovered her toes, and delights in making sounds. We started her on cereal last weekend, and she LOVES it. She still hates "tummy time" with a passion, and screams when placed on her tummy for more than 10 minutes. I've tried getting down there with her, placing toys within sight and out of reach, and placing her on the Boppy pillow. She still screams, and I still give her "tummy time" because I am a Mean Mommy. However, she'll never learn to roll over or crawl if she doesn't spend time on her tummy. She was 16 lbs 8oz when she went to the doctor on February 5 (for a diaper rash), so I'm expecting her to be around 18 lbs at her six-month checkup next Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment