I made this slideshow as part of my grieving process. I also thought that some of you might want to see pictures from Woody's life. This is just a sample; we have many more, including more from our time in Danville. These represent some of our best memories, however.
The healing has begun, at least for me. Saturday night and Sunday I just felt shocked and overwhelmed with grief. Today I've felt a void, but also acceptance. We had a wonderful three and a half years with Woody, and I know that he was happy. I'm glad that we were with him when he died (as horrible as that sight was) and that we had the funeral service for him. Simon's presence has helped greatly, too. At least we still have one dog to greet us and cuddle with us.
By the way, I have to give a big shout out to Dr. Kay Geyer at Brosville Animal Clinic (Woody's regular vet), who was wonderful on Saturday. She called down to the Emergency Center for us and even gave us her home number so we could let her know how things went down there. Dr. Jenny Clark and the staff at the Animal Emergency and Trauma Center in Greensboro were also great; they did everything they could to save Woody, and really accomodated our desire to be with him at the end.


No comments:
Post a Comment