Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Merry Christmas from the Moneys!

Every year, we receive several Christmas cards from family and friends. Many of them include newsletters and family photos. Each year, I intend to send one out, but I never get around to it. Thanks to the wonders of the Internet, you can have a Christmas card, albeit a virtual one.

We're all doing well. Our biggest news of the year is the birth of Gregory James, our second child (click on the link for more info). We call him Greg. He is an absolute delight, especially now that he's sleeping through the night. He looks exactly like James, and his resemblance to Susanna at the same age is uncanny.

Susanna at three is delightful, intelligent, energetic, and talks so much that we have difficulty getting a word in edgewise. She started preschool this fall, really enjoys it, and is doing well. Depending on the day, she either considers Simon (our black Lab) or Greg her best friend. Susanna has adjusted very well to being a big sister, and really loves her little brother. As you can see from the picture, she's not a huge fan of Santa, but that's OK.

James is still working at Booz Allen Hamilton, loves it, and they love him (great news in this economy!). I'm on "family leave", which means most days I'm at home with both of the kids. For the record, most of the time I love it. I'm also moonlighting as a hospital chaplain for a local hospital system, which provides not only a paycheck but also a vocational outlet. Only God knows what the future will hold for me in that arena (full time chaplaincy, returning to the local church, extending my family leave), but for now I feel blessed to be where I am and do what I'm doing.

May your Christmas be merry, your New Year be happy, and may God shower you with blessings!

Love,
James, Patti, Susanna, Greg, & Simon Money.

1 comment:

Terri said...

hoping you have a wonderful Christmas.