Pages

Sunday, December 05, 2010

Random Ramblings, Cookie Monster Edition

James is making chocolate chip cookies. Our new oven does a really, really nice job with cookies. Apparently his co-workers have requested chocolate chip cookies, and James is obliging.

I'll bring some into work tomorrow, too. I'm working at DePaul tomorrow, and am fairly excited about it. Getting myself (professionally dressed and groomed) and two kids out of the house, to day care, and to work on time is really not fun. However, I really enjoy working the occasional shift because a) I get to do something I really really love and b) I get to talk to adults. It's a nice break from being "Mommy" 24/7. And as a nice bonus, I make money!

I'm sort of in this "vocational limbo" where I'm deciding what to do for the next few years and for the long haul. Because I'm a provisional elder, I have eight years from the time I was commissioned to "fulfill the requirements for ordination and full membership." The requirements include: three years of full-time service (I currently have one year) and approval by the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry (which involves papers, psychological testing, and interviews). Since it's common to be "continued" at least one time, I really should add in a year or two of insurance. Therefore, by July 2013 I need to be beginning my third year of full-time service in order to really have a good shot at being ordained by 2015. If I'm not ordained by 2015, my understanding is that I have to re-apply for provisional membership and begin the process all. over. again. Therefore, I'm weighing my options and figuring out how I can accomplish that...and if accomplishing that right now is what God wants me to do (and part of that includes what's in the best interest of my family). It's somewhat frustrating and painful, because part of me feels like if Danville-gate hadn't happened, I wouldn't be in this situation. But it did happen, and I am here, so...

Greg is so so so much better. I'm only giving him two breathing treatments a day now, and I'm hoping to only give him one tomorrow, one on Tuesday, and then be DONE.

I must go now, because I need to clean up the cookie mess and then go to bed. Toodles!

No comments: