OK, so I admit to have sunk to a new low by not posting for two and a half months. There are several excuses, and I'm sure you want to hear them. First of all, as you know, I am pregnant. And I have a two-year-old. Of course, that's a really lame excuse, since Alyssa posted regularly when she was pregnant with her THIRD child and working full-time. I'm barely working part-time. Of course, Alyssa clearly has super powers that I do not have.
My second reason goes a little deeper than the first one. If you're a longtime reader of this blog, you might have noticed that my blogging dipped significantly shortly after I started at St. John's in 2006, and then took a nosedive after we left Danville in 2008. I made the mistake of putting a link to the blog in my e-mail signature and several church folks began reading my blog. Then, they got upset about some things that I wrote...like about a mouse in a parsonage, how quickly news travels in the parish, and one or two other things. I began having to "censor" what I wanted to write about. It made blogging less fun. Obviously I couldn't blog much when things got REALLY bad at the end and didn't feel comfortable blogging about it afterward, either.
So, this January I started a totally anonymous blog, where I mostly talk through and process the whole SJ experience and the aftermath. By totally "anonymous" I mean that I haven't identified myself or my location by name, and use pseudonyms for James, Susanna, and anyone else I mention. I did share the address with James, and he reads it regularly, but almost no one else in my real life knows the address. If you really really want to read what I've written there, e-mail me. I'm not going to promise that I'll give you the address, especially if you're related to me.
Anyway, I've put a lot of time and effort into that blog, where I can be a little more open and honest about what's going on in my life. As a result, I've sort of abandoned this blog. I'm sorry about that, and I'm going to try and do a better job of updating this blog, especially in the month of December, when I'll try and post something every day. Last month was National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo) and I posted every day at the other blog. I really enjoyed doing that, so I'm going to try and post every day here for the month of December. We'll see how I do, although I reserve the right to skip a few days if necessary. I am, after all, in my third trimester of pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment