Pages

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend has been, and will continue to be, very busy. Last night I was on-call, which means that I turned my pager on shortly before 9pm and turned it off shortly after 10:30am this morning. I respond to any deaths, "code blues" (cardiac arrest), or major crises that need a chaplain. I am paid for three hours (one hour travel, two hours of work) each time I respond to a page. Last night, I received one page at 3:30am, for a death. I headed to the hospital, spent time with the family, documented the visit, and returned home around 5:45am.

Later that morning, Susanna and I headed to Richmond (about two hours away) to meet with K and L, who are getting married in October 2010. I'm doing the wedding, so we've been meeting every few months for pre-marital counseling and ceremony planning. I'm glad we started early, since Greg is coming and I will be out of commission for March and most of April.

Susanna and I returned home around 6pm, and we made chicken nuggets and mac and cheese for dinner. Gourmet, I know. We also watched "The Muppets Take Manhattan", and Susanna went to bed (her bedtime is pretty firmly set at 8pm). Later, James and I watched a DVR'd episode of "House".

Right now, I'm doing laundry so that James (and I) have clean clothes to wear next week. Tomorrow I'm working all day (10:30-9) at DePaul, so I won't have time to do much tomorrow. The good news is that I should have a nice paycheck coming my way next week. :)

No comments: