Since we didn't have to wake up early for the launch, we slept until we woke up. Of course, for Susanna that was no later than 7:00 a.m. It was James' birthday, so I let him sleep in while I got her and myself ready. Once that was accomplished, we headed down to breakfast. Sometime around then, James woke up and elected to spend the morning at the resort rather than head to the Magic Kingdom. Susanna and I met up with Melissa and Josh (Joel was better, but resting) and the four of us headed to the MK.
We spent a few hours at MK, mostly in the Fantasy Land area. We went on a bunch of rides, including the carousel, Dumbo, the Pooh ride, and Mickey's Philharmagic. We were getting hot and decided to head back to the resort for lunch and rest. We met up with the boys at Whispering Canyon, ate lunch, and then the three Moneys headed to our room, changed into swimming attire, and spent some time at the pool.
After our pool time, we went back to the room and took a quick nap. Around 3pm we reunited with Joel, Melissa, and Josh and headed for Epcot. We had dinner reservations in Epcot and wanted to spend some time in the park before dinner. Melissa and I took the kids to the Finding Nemo ride and Talking with Crush while the boys went on Test Track. We then joined the boys and headed over to the Land pavillion. The non-pregnant people went on Soarin' and I watched the kids, which was fun, since Susanna kept playing peek-a-boo with Josh.
When we left the building, we discovered the first disaster of the night. During the half hour or so we were inside, it had POURED. Strollers weren't allowed in the building, so we (and everyone else) had parked our strollers outside. The fabric was SOAKED, so the strollers were unusable until they dried out. We removed the fabric covers and I thought I could use a hand dryer to remove the worst of the wetness. Of course, so many paper companies sponsor stuff at Epcot that there were only paper towels in the bathroom, not hand dryers. So much for that idea. So, with a non-walking nine-month-old and a newly walking two-year-old, we headed for Germany in the World Showcase...on foot. Susanna decided walking was overrated after about ten minutes, so James and I alternated between carrying her and pushing the stroller. Joel and Melissa didn't have it much better, since Josh wasn't walking at all.
We finally arrived in Germany, where we had reservations at Biergarten for James' birthday dinner. We took the stroller covers inside, hung them up on our chairs so they could air dry, and attacked the buffet. It was scrumptious, with lots of German foods. As I was going back for the third time (for dessert), James cornered me and told me that he was feeling really sick to his stomach. We needed to leave, ASAP. So, I shoveled down some apple strudel, we asked for and paid the check, and got the heck out of Dodge.
Of course, getting the heck out of Dodge isn't as easy as it sounds when you have sopping wet strollers (we had been in the restaurant for maybe half an hour), a sick birthday boy, a recovering sicko, two young children, and a pregnant woman. It probably took us 45 minutes to get back to the main park entrance, maybe longer. Melissa had to help me out at the end by carrying Susanna, because my back and hips were killing me.
We got back to the car and stopped at a convenience store (yes, they have one in the WDW complex) to get James some Gatorade. When we got back to the resort, he went to lie down and I hurried to the gift shop, praying fervently they would have some Gas-X (the convenience store didn't have any). Thankfully, the resort store did have Gas-X. James took some and we all went to bed.
Up Next: Chef Mickey's, Segway Tour, Downtown Disney, and Boma.
No comments:
Post a Comment