No, I have not gone into labor yet. Hopefully that will happen this week, because I will be a VERY unhappy camper if I am in church a week from today. As I said today, I love my church, but I really want to have this baby soon! I'm still trying to induce labor naturally, with no success as of yet.
So many people (friends, family, church folk, etc) are sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting to find out if Susanna is here or not. I think people are afraid that they'll "miss the boat" and won't hear anything at all...or hear nothing until Susanna is a year old or something. Therefore, I thought I'd let you all know our "grand plan" for announcing her arrival. My goal is to have just about everyone know within 24 hours, either by phone or e-mail. Those of you who "lurk" will most likely find out from this blog, within 4-5 days after her birth.
I (or James) will call the following people ASAP: My parents, his mom, my grandmother, my PPR Chair, my Lay Leader, the pastor who's covering for me, and my District Superintendent.
Once I've moved into a postpartum room and am a little more settled (probably within 4 hours after the birth), one of us will call: the remaining members of the PPR (who can then spread the word to the church) and possibly some close friends.
At some point in the 24 hours after the birth, I'll send James to hunt down an Internet connection (probably in Pastoral Care) and send THE E-MAIL. Months ago, I composed a draft of an e-mail and created a mailing list entitled "Baby Announcement". There are currently 126 names on that mailing list. All James has to do is enter the pertinent info (date, time, weight, etc) and click "send". I have a similar e-mail draft set up on my church e-mail account, to notify church people (I think between the phone lines and Internet, most of the church will know within 24 hours).
Sometime after we come home, I will post an announcement on this blog, and at that point I'll include pictures. We have a digital camera (packed safely in my hospital bag, along with a spare battery and memory card), but probably won't be able to download pics until we're at home.
So...if all else fails, and you don't receive an e-mail from me, check this blog and you should see an announcement sometime within the next two weeks. Hopefully, it will be sooner.
Oh, and for those of you who are Virginia Conference clergy, there will probably also be an announcement on ClergyNet.
I don't know if I'll do paper birth announcements. It depends if I have the time and inclination to make them myself, because the fancy ones you order are really expensive ($1/piece, minimum) and I don't want to spend that kind of money. Sure, they look nice, but I have other things I could buy with that $$.
No comments:
Post a Comment