Susanna Patricia arrived at 2:45 a.m. on Wednesday, August 29. You can see her ultra-cute picture at the Web Nursery site. Just request all babies born in August, in the state of Virginia, with the first three letters of my last name. You can even leave messages. :)
She was 7 lbs, 10 oz and a whopping 20.5" long. I was in labor for 22 hours, but thankfully only the final eight or so were really bad, and I had an epidural (wonderful invention, by the way) for the last four hours. I pushed for 45 minutes, and she gave me a 3rd-degree tear. She is worth every pain and every stitch!
I promise I'll post some photos within the next week. We got home last night and James and I are exhausted, I'm still sore, and we're having some problems with breastfeeding (I have slightly inverted nipples, which make latching a challenge). But it's a joy to have our little girl with us, and such a relief to not be pregnant anymore.
James was WONDERFUL during labor and delivery, and has been so supportive in this postpartum period. He's great with Susanna. Woody and Simon are very interested in her, and gave her many welcoming sniffs last night. My mom will probably come on Sunday to stay for a few days and help out, and then James' mom will come next weekend.
Keep us in your prayers, especially with the breastfeeding issues. Thank God for breast pumps, because otherwise I would have had to at least supplement with formula already!
3 comments:
Congratulations on your new bundle of joy. She's beautiful. Good to hear things are going well so far and you have family coming to help. Maybe you could train Simon and Woody to change diapers?
Great news....you both will be wonderful parents. Susanna is so lucky, she will be one loved child I am sure.
Patti,
She is beautiful. Looks like a Harnett. I understand completely the 3rd degree. Keep a pillow handy it helps with the sitting. Good luck with breast feeding, a shield sometimes helps to get it started. Don't be afraid to try it. I'm sure your Mom will be able to help.
Send my love to her and I wish you all well.
Kathy McMurray
Post a Comment