Pages

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Top Ten Ways to Know It's Time for Baby to COME SOON!

This is a work in progress...I hope to have it completed by the time I actually go into labor. Right now, I've only thought of a few things...

#10 You find yourself not fitting into/barely squeezing into small, tight spaces like church pews and restaurant booths because of your enormous belly.

#9 Your maternity clothes are getting too tight, but it's pointless to buy new clothes this late in your pregnancy.

#8 You can only wear two pairs of shoes because of your swollen feet/ankles (in my case, it's Birkentocks or sneakers).

#7 You find yourself flirting with the idea of abandoning your staunchly-held principles and parking in a handicapped spot, because all the "Expectant Mother" spots have been taken (by non-pregnant people, most likely), the nearest "normal" parking spot is ten spaces down the row, and the thought of walking that far in 90-degree heat makes you whimper. (NOTE: I would never park in a handicapped spot unless I genuinely needed it. However, the temptation is present...)

#6 You take a church member to the ER, and the woman at the registration desk looks at your belly, and asks if you need to be taken up to Labor & Delivery.

Stay tuned to see if I come up with any more brilliant ideas...

No comments: