Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Among the Living...

I think I can say that I'm well on my way to recovery from this bout of bronchitis, but I had about four days of absolute misery. I started on my antibiotic on Thursday afternoon, when my cough was just annoying. By Saturday afternoon, I was feeling kinda miserable. No fever, just a cough, heaviness in my chest, and fatigue. I coughed through worship on Sunday, took a brief nap, and then went to a reception to meet my new District Superintendent (aka my boss). I had scheduled a Bible study to begin Sunday evening, but postponed that a week to give me some rest.

From Sunday evening to Wednesday morning, I didn't leave the house. The lone exception was the Trustees meeting on Monday night. I mostly stayed in bed (with the vaporizer on) and slept. I got up to eat, take my medication, and watch TV when I got bored. I think I really needed the time of rest.

By Wednesday morning, I was feeling better. I was able to get some work done and James and I went to see "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix". I went to bed around 8:30 p.m. and slept until 5:30 a.m. I'm feeling pretty good now...I've been able to stop taking Robitussin, and my antibiotic is clearly working (I had it refilled on Monday). Now I just have to do a lot of "catch-up" work in the next two days. My Saturday is booked, because we have our childbirth class at the hospital. It goes from 9am-5pm. Next Saturday is "booked" (literally!) because I should be receiving my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows sometime that day. I pre-ordered it from Amazon six months ago...and I have been assured that it will arrive before 7pm on Saturday, or I get my money back. :) :)

No comments: