Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

School, Shower, and Sonogram; Oh my!

It's been a busy week here in the Money household:
  • Last Thursday, Simon started obedience school. We discovered that he's very good about "sit", 'off", and "down", but really needs to work on "heel". It's probably because he doesn't spend much time on the leash. Maybe I'll start taking him to the park a few days a week. In the meantime, I can always walk him around the yard. He got along very well with the other dogs.
  • On Sunday, my Pastor-Parish Relations Committee (or at least the female members of it) threw me a shower at church. It was loads of fun, we had a great turnout, and Susanna got lots of clothes, diapers, toiletries, towels, nursery decor, washcloths, etc. Now I have to hunt down some notecards for thank-you notes!
  • On Monday, James and I headed down to Greensboro for my THIRD ultrasound. Praise the Lord; I do NOT have placenta previa. My placenta has migrated far enough away from the cervix that there is no danger. Yay!!! Everything else looks great, although Susanna is currently in the 70th percentile of weight for her gestational age. If born full-term, she could weigh 8 lbs. They're not worried (and they could be wrong) but I really don't want to push out an 8 lb baby. James and I were both under 7 lbs at birth. Yeesh...maybe I'll start eating more protein. Or maybe she'll be born early. :) We did get some more photos of Susanna, and I will post them soon. Our scanner at home isn't hooked up right now (more on that later) so I have to use the one at church. Which of course means that I need to remember to bring the photos with me when I go to church...
Baby preparations are in full swing. Right before Annual Conference, we moved our office stuff into the guest room. So our former office is now the nursery, and the guest room is now a guest room/office. It's a large bedroom (12 x 14) but a little crammed with two desks, two chairs, and a double bed. I still have to put stuff away, and take some of my books up to church. In the nursery we have a glider-rocker (so comfy) with ottoman and the dresser and crib should arrive within the next few weeks. The nursery isn't painted yet, but we should get to that soon. We've received our Pack-n-Play, the crib bedding, and a few pieces of decor as gifts. We have baby towels and washclothes, enough diapers and wipes to last us the first few weeks, and plenty of 0-6 month clothes. The only big ticket item that we're missing is a car seat, which we'll buy in the next couple weeks. We're getting a Graco SnugRide, because it has the highest safety rating and EPS foam. There's a bunch of little stuff that would make our lives easier (changing pad and cover, swaddling blankets, sheet savers, diaper pail, etc) and I still need to buy some bottles for storing breast milk. However, we can buy that stuff here and there over the next few weeks. My goal is to have everything ready by the first week of August, just in case she comes early. I'm notorious for setting lofty goals and not meeting them, so we'll see how this one turns out. Most likely, I'll finish everything two hours before going into labor. :)

I'm off to write a sermon for Sunday. First step: figure out what scripture to preach on...

No comments: