Pages

Monday, April 09, 2007

Vacation time...

My Annual Conference grants all full-time clergy four weeks of vacation leave a year. It's "use-it-or-lose-it" leave, because they want us to take vacation for rest and renewal. It's nice that we get that much, since a lot of conferences only give two weeks a year. I used a week in August, four days in November, and am now taking six days to drive to Florida and visit my maternal grandmother (whom I call, "Nani"). I haven't seen Nani in three years, so it will be nice to visit with her and her friend, Piet. She's anxious to "meet" her great-grandchild. I'm leaving tomorrow night and returning Monday afternoon. I plan on spending lots of time at the pool and beach, relaxing after some crazy times in the last couple weeks. And of course, there's shopping...Nani has an outlet center very close to her that apparently has a Motherhood Maternity outlet AND a Carter's Childrenswear outlet. Fun, fun, fun!! James and "the boys" will be staying here, since he has to teach.

James and I are also going for our second ultrasound tomorrow afternoon. It's the BIG ONE, so expect a post in the next few days about Baby Money's gender, as well as more pictures.

No comments: