OK, so James has a family reunion-thingy in Indianapolis that's scheduled for Father's Day weekend (June 15-17). Since Bill (his stepdad's) health isn't that fantastic, we figure we need to go, even though I'll be 28 weeks pregnant.
So tonight, James got on the computer to reserve a hotel room. Keep in mind, this is six weeks in advance. There are virtually NO available hotel rooms in the Indy area that weekend. The hotel that we normally stay in (Quality Inn) only had smoking rooms available, at $150/night. The Holiday Inn Express had rooms available for $150+/night, but it wouldn't guarantee our smoking preference AND they wanted the whole thing prepaid. So we finally "settled" on one of their suites. We're paying an exorbitant rate, but we didn't have to put down a deposit/prepay and we're guaranteed a non-smoking room.
After some searching, I found out that the US Grand Prix is being held that weekend at the Speedway. That's probably why hotel rates are SO high and why there are so few rooms. Sigh. If this doesn't prove our love to Bill, I don't think anything will. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment