We decided on this name about a week ago, but "sat" on it for a few days before telling anyone just to be on the safe side. But we've definitely decided on naming her Susanna, after one of Jesus' early female followers and the mother of John Wesley. We chose "Patricia" as her middle name because that's my "real" first name.
It's amazing how extremely REAL she seems now that she has a name. Adding to that is the fact that in a mere four weeks, she will be "viable", able to survive outside the womb (albeit in an NICU).
I have begun the task of "stocking up" on things for Susanna. Stuff like diapers, wipes, baby powder, etc. Apparently I should have about 600 diapers on hand when she comes home, because she'll go through about 100 diapers a week at first. I bought some yesterday, so that's 40 diapers down with 560 to go...
2 comments:
If we have a girl, Meredith and I have not landed on a girl's name just yet..we have tried several, but they just haven't seemed right.
If we have a son, he will be named John Chalmer Harper, IV and be called J.C. :)
I've heard that if you don't have a name for one of the sexes, then, usually that is what you have. However, everyone seems to think that we are having a boy. Honestly, it doesn't matter, we are having a baby, and I hope that Susanna and Baby Harper can have some fun playing together sometime soon! YAY!
Congrats again! Didn't you have a car named Susanna?
Post a Comment