Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

God is good! All the time!

And all the time...GOD IS GOOD! I just spoke with Harry, my team leader for the Board of Ordained Ministry. He informed me that I have been approved to be commissioned as a probationary elder at Annual Conference in June. I am SO thankful to hear this, because I was really unsure about how my Theology interview went. Obviously, they saw enough growth in my paper and my interview to indicate that I am "ready for ministry." I believe that God's grace had something to do with this happy outcome, too.

So...in June I will begin a three-year period of mentoring, covenant groups, continuing education, etc that will hopefully increase my effectiveness in ministry. At the end of that three year period, I will go before the Board AGAIN, but this time I will be seeking ordination as an elder. If all goes well, I will be ordained in 2010.

For those of you who prayed, thanks! My heart is overflowing with thanksgiving to God!

2 comments:

Ruth W. said...

that is such good news, way to go. You are well on your way.

Anonymous said...

this is great news.