First of all, I want to give a big SHOUT OUT to my friends Tamara and Michael, who will OFFICIALLY adopt their little girl, Mia Elizabeth, this afternoon. They attend our former church in Lexington, and were part of our small group. They're adopting through the foster care system, and it's been amazing to watch their journey and see how God has worked in their lives and in Mia's life to bring about this event. I am SO SO happy for them and Mia. She just doesn't know how good she has it!
In other news, now that I'm nearing the 14-week mark of pregnancy, James and I have begun talking about baby stuff. Specifically, we have begun discussing what we want the nursery to look like. We want to go with a gender-neutral theme, even though we're planning on finding out if Baby Money is a boy or a girl. I initially suggested an "under the sea" theme, which was rejected because we've done that before for our bathrooms. James wants an "outer space" theme with planets and such, but we can't find one that we like...they're all very light-colored. So then I suggested a penguin theme, and James liked that. Slight problem; we can't find ANY crib sets with that theme. I've Googled and I've tried Ebay, with no success. Grr...my other idea was a rainforest theme....same result.
Yes, I know that I could, technically, buy fabric and make Baby a crib set. However, I can't sew to save my life (I'm not just being modest; I really can't sew). And paying someone to sew something like that would probably be really, really expensive. We shall see...I think we'll head to Greensboro next weekend to look for nursery furniture, so maybe we'll find something then. Who knows??
No comments:
Post a Comment