Pages

Monday, February 26, 2007

Here we go again...

If you've been a faithful reader of my blog over the past year, you remember that about this time last year, I went before the Conference Board of Ordained Ministry with the hopes of being commissioned as a probationary elder. And as you may remember, they said "not yet", and asked me to re-submit two papers (Practice of Ministry and Theology) and re-do the interviews this year.

So, the papers were written and submitted a month ago, and I have been dutifully preparing and praying since then. Tomorrow morning, I will present myself before the Practice and Theology committees. I think that I am much more "ready" and much stronger in both areas than I was last year. I am also more confident. Hopefully, sometime this week I will receive a call from my Team Leader saying that the answer is, "yes." Only God knows.

So please pray for me as you feel led, especially tomorrow morning at 8:30 and 9:30. Pray especially that I will not be overly nervous, that I will provide coherent and concise answers, and that the Board members will see the same changes in me and in my work that I see.

There is a silver lining to this whole adventure; my friend Sarah, whom I have known for 15 years, is also going before the Board tomorrow. So we're spending today together, will drive to Blackstone together this afternoon, and will be able to provide each other moral support tomorrow. I haven't seen Sarah in AGES, so it will be nice to spend time with her again.

1 comment:

Ruth W. said...

Well?? I've been praying, did it help?