Another Thursday, another day off. Today I've devoted my entire day to domestic and altruistic tasks. I dusted, am doing laundry, and will clean the bathrooms in a little bit. I also made lasagna for Scott and Kristin, since they just had a baby (see post from 1-22-06).
My lasagna is very good, if I do say so myself. I spent nearly an hour putting it together, popped it in the oven at 375 degrees, and went off to accomplish some other tasks. I used one of those disposable "bake and take" pans to make it easier for everyone involved. It comes complete with a cover...that's plastic. And apparently not ovensafe (DUH, Patti).
So after half an hour, I return to the kitchen to check on my masterpiece. I turn on the oven light and see that the lasagna is no longer covered. The plastic cover has melted and formed a little ball on top of the lasagna. I quickly remove the ruined lid, cover the pan with aluminum foil, and return it to the oven. Thankfully, the lasagna does not seem affected.
Yes, I know that plastic melts in high heat. You'd think I would have thought about that...and used foil from the beginning. It just never crossed my mind...
Did I mention that I have a master's degree? (smile)
No comments:
Post a Comment