Simon is still adorable and sweet. We're also noticing that he's very intelligent. He's already figured out which one of us is female (obviously he was recently weaned), where the dog/puppy food is kept, and what his name is. He grabs and holds things with his paws, which I've been told is a sign of intelligence.
Last night we got Simon a crate, collar, puppy food, and a few toys. He goes into the crate willingly, but doesn't like being alone, even if we stay in the room. When we went to bed last night, we put him in his crate (with a blanket and a few toys) in the kitchen and then went to bed. Now, the master bedroom is on the other side of the house from the kitchen. And since the bedrooms are in their own sort of "wing", we had several doors closed between us and Simon. Including the bedroom door. WE COULD STILL HEAR HIM CRYING. He cried for a while (probably 45 mins or so), then went to sleep. He woke both of us up at 3:30, so we took him out, fed him, let him drink, took him out again, and put him back to bed. Thankfully, this time we went to sleep fairly quickly. This puppy has major separation anxiety. I hope it will improve over time. Maybe it's just because he's in a new place without his doggie mother.
I am SO exhausted, since we didn't get much sleep Saturday night, either. Someone told me that placing a ticking clock in with a puppy will lull it to sleep. Apparently it mimics the mother's heartbeat. So I think I'll head to Wal-Mart and see if they still sell clocks that tick.
No comments:
Post a Comment