Pages

Saturday, November 11, 2006

Meet Simon!

There's a new member of the Money family. His name is Simon, he is six weeks old, and he is a black Lab mix. We have been looking for a playmate for Woody, but didn't expect to get a puppy. This happened kind of suddenly...

The St. John's Fishermen's Club held a stew today at church. Around 11:30, this woman walks in with an adorable black puppy. I gush over him and ask what his name is. She says that he doesn't have a name yet, and is free to a good home. I held him, looked into his eyes, and fell in love. She said that I could take him home to meet James and Woody and see how they liked him. So I did...and about three hours later I called her and told her we were keeping the puppy. By then we had decided to name him Simon.

Woody seems to really like Simon, and I think they'll become good friends in the next few months. Simon is very sweet, and fairly calm, given his age. He likes to be held and cuddled. The next few weeks will be spent housebreaking him and beginning his training. On Tuesday I'll take him to the vet to make sure he's healthy and get his shots.

Stay tuned to see how Simon grows. And maybe I'll get a picture of Woody and Simon together...

No comments: