In case you didn't know, October is Clergy Appreciation Month. I knew that, but I wasn't "expecting" anything from my congregation because a) I didn't know if they usually observed it, b) I've only been there for four months, so we're still in the "getting to know you" stage, and c) I didn't enter this vocation expecting to receive any earthly rewards-only heavenly ones!
Anyway, on Sunday morning my PPR (Pastor-Parish Relations) chair stood up at the end of announcements and asked to come to the front. I was curious, but I naturally agreed. She then presented me with this GIGANTIC gift basket and card (which contained a gift certificate) on behalf of the congregation. I was very touched and wonderfully surprised.
The timing of this was perfect, because I've been slightly stressed over the past fews weeks due to the two words that strike panic in every Methodist pastor's heart: CHARGE CONFERENCE. It's this Sunday, and there is A LOT to do in preparation. Add to the fact that this is my first Charge Conference as a pastor and you can see why I've been hyperventilating a lot.
So whenever I get discouraged this week, I can go to the gift basket that sits in the living room (and is filled with all of my favorite delicacies-like Toblerone and Lindt truffles) and be reminded of how blessed I am to serve such a great congregation--especially since they've guessed the kind of foods I eat when I'm stressed!
1 comment:
Hi you guys! Just wanted to stop by and let you know that yesterday the judge ruled to terminate Mia's birth parents rights, so now we are moving on to the adoption stage! God has answered our prayers in a huge way. Thought you'd like to know how your prayers were answered!
Post a Comment