I'm at the Virginia Conference Licensing School for Local Pastors. I arrived on May 18 (Thursday) and will leave on May 26 (Friday). I have jokingly named it, "Camp Learn-To-Preach". Generally, I'm having fun, although the schedule is grueling. We're basically going from 7:15 am to 9:30 pm, with breaks for lunch and dinner. The other students are really great; that's the best part of the whole experience!!
Licensing School takes place at Virginia Wesleyan College in Norfolk, Virginia. This means that my parents are only 15 minutes down the road. I've been there twice to visit them...and get a jacket, a blanket, laundry detergent, and to use the fax machine. I'm beginning to see why so many people went to college close to home...
James and Woody will drive up from NC on Friday, and we'll spend the weekend with my parents. Then I have most of the month of June off, with the exception of Annual Conference.
My dinner break is almost up. Next on the schedule: "Theology & Creeds."
No comments:
Post a Comment