Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I've heard the word...

My team leader on the B.O.M. called me around 6:00 pm today. The good news: I was given the "green light" by the committees on Call and Personal Growth and Development. The bad news: I was "continued" by the committees on Theology and Practice of Ministry. Bottom line: I don't get commissioned this year. Next year I can re-apply for probationary membership, although I'll only have to submit the papers and do the interviews for Theology and Practice. I should receive about five pages in feedback, which will help me in preparing for next year.

So I guess my next step is to apply for an appointment as a full-time local pastor. I'm not guaranteed an appointment, but I've been told that it's very rare for a seminary grad to not receive one. I'll probably wind up in either the Danville or Farmville districts, since they're the closest to the North Carolina border (and thus Durham, NCCU, and James). I'm crossing my fingers for the Danville district, because I know and like the current District Superintendent. She's a fellow E&H alum and her brother and his family attend our church in KY. :)

I'm reminding myself that this isn't the end of the world. Several people are "continued" every year. And part of this is my fault...I obviously didn't put my best foot forward in the applicable papers/interviews, or I would have been approved. Jeremiah 29:11 continues to be my mantra.

No comments: