On Thursday, I arrived home from work and, as usual, made a beeline for the computer to check my e-mail. To my surprise, I had an e-mail from a pastor in Christiansburg, Virginia. He had gotten my name and contact info from my DS. His church is looking to fill an Associate Pastor position beginning in June, and he thought I would be a good match. We talked on the phone for a few minutes, and he invited me out for an interview...THIS WEEKEND. I did some scrambling and found someone to cover my shift at work today (Saturday). So in a few hours I will leave for Christiansburg. I meet with the SPR tomorrow afternoon. I have no clue what to expect from this, since I've never done it before. Since Christiansburg is 3 hours from Durham, I'm not sure if this is a great idea. But the church sounds cool and they're paying for my gas and hotel. So...I figure I should check it out and see if this is where God might want me for the next few years.
I'll let you know how things went when I get back home!
1 comment:
Hi Patti, I defintely feel your pain as a fellow participant in the job search struggle. My search has been stuck in neutral since we last talked. However, I have some exciting ideas and I'm taking a trip to NOVA this weekend and I hope I can shake things up a little.
Post a Comment