Pages

Monday, February 27, 2006

Professor Money!!!!


James has a job offer!! On Friday, he received a call from his friend, Alade Tokuta, who "just happens" to be the chair of the Math & Computer Science department at North Carolina Central University. James has been offered a postion as an assistant professor in the computer science department...and he's accepted the offer!

James chose NCCU because he likes the school and Durham is close to most of our friends and a good chunk of our family. Plus...it's only three or so hours from the Outer Banks. No more living in a land-locked state. Woohoo!

I (Patti) will now badger my District Superintendant for a church near the VA-NC border. I'll live in the parsonage full-time, and James will visit me on weekends. We'll have "joint custody" of Woody, although he might be living with me most of the time. Hopefully I'll be able to transfer to the North Carolina conference after a year, so we don't have to live apart for too long.

The picture is of the building at NCC that houses the math and computer science departments.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I love that area. I visit frequently to see Andy.