Pages

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I think I'm on the mend, but...

So around 9am on Monday morning, I threw up. Out of the blue. And of course, I was already at work. I felt fine afterward, so I stayed at work, since we were short-staffed. Later, I developed a crushing headache, so I went home at 4pm and slept for 14 hours.

Tuesday morning, my headache was gone, but I had nausea. I still went to work and suffered through increasing nausea. After work, I stopped by the store and bought some Gatorade and Jell-O. I had crackers and Gatorade for dinner. A few hours later, I began throwing up...first my "dinner", then the Gatorade I was sipping.

Wednesday I called in sick to work, feeling very guilty (because I knew another employee was out sick) yet knowing I couldn't serve food to people while I was throwing up. James took me to the doctor, who ruled out pregnancy, gallbladder trouble, and a UTI before diagnosing a persistent stomach virus. He sent me home with instructions to rest and eat bland foods. I slept for the rest of the day.

It's Thursday, and I've kept down everything I've eaten/drank for 36 hours. But I'm still very weak and experiencing a lot of nausea. It's my "day off", so I didn't have to call in sick to work. But let's hope that my poor body will heal enough today so that I can go to work tomorrow and Saturday.

James is being very caring and supportive, as always. Although he's trying not to get too close to me, for fear of catching what I have...

No comments: