Pages

Friday, July 17, 2009

Oh Right, Now I Remember the First Trimester...

According to my dates, I'm eight weeks along. However, I'm beginning to wonder if our ultrasound next week will tell a different story, that maybe I'm a week behind my original guess. My symptoms began in earnest last week (week 7) but last time they began precisely at week six.

Anyway, Baby Money has not been nice to his/her mommy this week. I'm tired, which I can handle. What I find very difficult is the nausea...which I remember from last time. What I have this time and DID NOT have last time is THROWING UP. Seriously, with Susanna I may have thrown up twice over the course of the pregnancy. I've already thrown up about six times in the past week, mostly in the afternoon or evening. The key? Eating enough protein and avoiding spicy foods (WAH!).

The plus side of throwing up and being nauseous? Unlike last time, I'm still easily fitting into my regular clothes. I want to avoid maternity clothes as long as possible, because I know I will be SO SICK of them by the end of the pregnancy.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

the throwing up was how I knew I was pregnant with a boy. I didn't have any of that while pg with the girls...just overall nausea. Trey made his mommy miserable!!! (but he was definitely worth it!)