
David Rockfish "Rocky" Sufficool
November 7, 1997 to July 17, 2008
November 7, 1997 to July 17, 2008
My parents' dog, Rocky, died very suddenly this morning. My dad said that Rocky had a massive tumor that suddenly bled out. My dad took Rocky to the emergency vet, and they had to put him down. We got him when he was six weeks old; I was halfway through my junior year of college. I took Rocky on walks and took him to obedience school (which he failed miserably, mostly because he was the largest dog by about 30 lbs and I didn't practice with him enough). Although I haven't lived at home in seven years, I still thought of him as partly "my" dog, because we had so much history together.
Rocky was a wonderful dog, full of character. We'll all miss him, but I think his death will be the hardest on my dad, because he and Rocky were very close.
I like to think that Rocky and Woody are playing happily together in doggie heaven, munching on treats to their hearts' content.
Rocky was a wonderful dog, full of character. We'll all miss him, but I think his death will be the hardest on my dad, because he and Rocky were very close.
I like to think that Rocky and Woody are playing happily together in doggie heaven, munching on treats to their hearts' content.
1 comment:
Patti,
I am sorry to hear that Rocky has joined Woody in Doggy Heaven. Rocky will be missed a lot.
Love,
Nina
Post a Comment