Right after I posted the previous entry, I got a call from James. Bill is not just declining, he's NOSEDIVING right now. The hospice nurse has highly advised the family to get to his bedside ASAP. After contemplating my options, I decided that it would be better if I bought a one-way ticket from Raleigh to Indianapolis, since James is already out there and I didn't want to have to drive through the night. I'm leaving at 6:00 a.m. and arriving at 9:30 a.m. Please continue to pray for Bill and Nina and the rest of the family. Especially pray that I, along with all of Bill's children and in-laws, will have a chance to say good-bye to him. He is a very loved man.
I'm thanking God for my church leaders...everyone has been so supportive, loving, and accepting of the fact that I'm having to leave town on such short notice, especially on a Friday. I was able to get everything covered within an hour. The only thing left is the bulletin, which I'll do once I finish packing.
I still haven't done a funeral...but I think that's going to change very soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment