I went to the bank today to deposit two checks. I had an experience that slightly alarmed me. Let me preface this by mentioning that we haven't been too thrilled with our bank's Danville branch. Today's episode just put the icing on the cake...
I hand my two checks and deposit slip to the teller. I used one of their deposit slips because we're out of our pre-printed ones, so I had to write my account number from memory. After a minute, the teller speaks. Here's how our conversation went:
Teller: We're going to hold these checks until the 14th because of excessive overdrafts and a low daily balance.
Patti: What? They won't clear for a week?
Teller: Correct. There have been excessive overdrafts on this account and the balance has been too low.
Patti: No, that's wrong. We've never bounced a check and our balance hasn't dipped below $200 since we opened this account.
Teller: Let me double-check this. I'm going by the account number you wrote down. This is the account I have: (provides a name completely unfamiliar to me).
Patti: That's not us.
Teller: That's the account that came up when I typed in this number. Give me your SS# and I'll look it up that way.
So I give her my SS# and she brings up the RIGHT account and deposits the money into our account. I get my deposit slip and leave. Obviously, I had written down the wrong account number. That's my fault. However, I was a *tad* upset that:
-The teller did not notice that the name on the check didn't match the name on the account.
-That if I had not said anything, she would have deposited OUR money into SOMEONE ELSE'S account.
-That she didn't even bother to give me our correct account number, so I wouldn't make this mistake in the future.
Grr...I have a feeling we'll be switching banks soon.
In other news, Simon went for his second set of shots on Tuesday. He now weighs 13.5 lbs. He's growing fast, but he's still small. We found out on Wednesday that he can slip underneath the barbed wire fence separating our property from our neighbor's. That nearly gave me a heart attack...
No comments:
Post a Comment