It's been a crazy few days. On Tuesday, James and two NCCU guys (David and Mark) loaded a Penske truck with 3/4 of our furniture. It was POURING RAIN for most of the day, but they loaded stuff in between bursts of rain.
On Wednesday morning, we moved into the parsonage. I have to say, this pastor thing is pretty cool! We had a "moving crew" there to help us unload, cold drinks and some food in the fridge, and fresh flowers. At about 2:30 p.m. we left to drop off the truck and take James back to Morrisville (he had to teach that night, and our other car was at the apartment). I headed back to Danville after loading the car with more stuff.
Today (Thursday) the cable guy came and set up our Internet and TV. Then I went to the church to check out my office and do some work on the bulletin for Sunday. I also went to Wal-Mart and spent a disgusting amount of money on food and cleaning supplies. The nearest (major) grocery store is 8 miles away, so I don't plan on going more than once a week.
Tomorrow I'm going to finish the bulletin and copy it. I also have to put the finishing touches on my sermon. James thinks he may mow the lawn, since Danville received five inches of rain this week.
Woody is doing well, although he's a little confused with all this moving. However, he loves his new yard. All of the church people have loved him so far; they think he's SO well-behaved, SO handsome, etc.
I'll try and write an update next week.
1 comment:
Soooo glad to hear the move went okay, despite the rain. I'm also happy to hear you're getting to spend some quality time together (even if it does involve running a ton of errands). :)
Post a Comment